20 June, 2007

More Salik Crap!!! Enough Already!!!

I am not very good at this blog thing am I?!?! Being as my last post was a few months ago, I felt it about time to stick a new one in, and then have a break for another couple of months.

Low and behold, what did I get in my inbox today? A petition from some muppets to try and change the road toll known as Salik. If you are that way inclined feel free to click on the link below and petition away.

http://www.petitiononline.com/RtaSalik/petition.html

The last time I joined a petition, at least it meant something to me. Save our bloody beach. Well that sort of happened, only for them to start dredging and build another bloody island, or as they like to call it, a beach extension. If you were going to petition this, shouldnt you have done this a long time ago.

Now lets get this straight, what is wrong with a road toll system. Every major city in the world has some sort of toll, if you have to pay you have to pay. I personally will be very happy when it opens because when all you moaners have buggered off to find other routes and congesting every other major road in the process, not too mention sitting in traffic like you do now for hours on end, I will happily be bombing it down the highway getting to my destination a hell of a lot quicker. The reason I take this stance is because I very rarely go Dubai way at all as I live the right side of Junction 4, and therefore will be more than happy to pay 4 Dhs each time I go through.

Before you start your arguments, yes I do know that there is know public transport infrastucture, yes I do know the roads make no sense, and yes I do know that it is highway robbery. You know what though, there is nothing we can do about other than deal with it. Get over tyourselves.

P.S: Just imagine when Dubai airport starts charging exit taxes at the airports. Oh! I cant wait for that to happen and listen to you lot.

No comments: